Coalesce operator

flp

Coalesce operator

Post by flp » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:04 am

It seems like that the operator is not working.
After I didn't get any result at a complicated query, I build up a minimum example using again the debs data:

Code: Select all

#PARSER PQL
#DROPALLQUERIES
#QUERY

ball_4 = SELECT({predicate = 'sid = 4'}, soccergame)

///preparing_data_for_goal_shot_detection = COALESCE({predicate='sid = 4', AGGREGATIONS=[['first','sid','sid']]}, ball_4)
preparing_data_for_goal_shot_detection2 = COALESCE({ATTR=['sid'], AGGREGATIONS=[['first','timestamp','start_timestamp', 'timestamp']]}, ball_4)
Because Odysseus doesn't return any error, I assume that the query must have the right syntax. But although I should get a result, it doesn't return anything.

Marco Grawunder

Re: Coalesce operator

Post by Marco Grawunder » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:14 am

COALECSE in your case means: As long as the input contains 'sid=4' merge the new element with the last element. Because of the select before, this query will never send any tuples, the merge-condition is always true. So allow at leat two different sids in the input of the operator and it should work.

EDIT: The operator should now deliver its kept input on terminating a query. Soon on the update site available.

zuneera

Post by zuneera » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 am

I have the PQL source query below and would like to see the chart against time of the 'value' attribute that has data type 'double'. How would I create a PQL query to do this?
Unlock the key of your success by Pass4sure SY0-401 By using our latest a+ practice test and ju study material, you can easily pass Southern California Institute of Architecture good luck.

Marco Grawunder

Post by Marco Grawunder » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 am

Sorrry, I can see no PQL query :-)

Simply define a pql query and install it (e.g. with #ADDQUERY) and then follow the instructions here

http://wiki.odysseus.offis.uni-oldenbur ... ith+Charts