High Availabilty and Scalability

harpreet

High Availabilty and Scalability

Post by harpreet » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi All,

I have some design related questions for Odysseus.
1. Is it possible to use Odysseus in High Availability mode?
2. What are the benchmarks for Odysseus event processing? How many events per second can Odysseus support?
3. What is the expected way to use Odysseus in production? I mean how is the deployment done? Do we have to use the Odysseus Studio as a desktop application? Or is there any web mode etc where I can deploy it on a web server?

Thanks,
Harpreet

Marco Grawunder

Re: High Availabilty and Scalability

Post by Marco Grawunder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:49 pm

1. Is it possible to use Odysseus in High Availability mode?
There are some first approaches for High Available mode, but not really for public testing ;-) If you have a concrete scenario, maybe we can try together to find a solution?
2. What are the benchmarks for Odysseus event processing? How many events per second can Odysseus support?
This depends heavily on the application/the query/the hardware.

On an i5 notebook with 16 GB main memory we had reading datarates of about 300.000 tuples per second.
3. What is the expected way to use Odysseus in production? I mean how is the deployment done? Do we have to use the Odysseus Studio as a desktop application? Or is there any web mode etc where I can deploy it on a web server?
Odysseus can be used as a server application where the queries running, providing a web service to access the server. As client applications you can use the Studio in client mode and we developed a (not published) GWT based webapplication that can communicate with Odysseus.