Issues building an odysseus server

Alizee

Issues building an odysseus server

Post by Alizee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:38 pm

I had a bunch of errors after importing the server and common folder into Eclipse RCP & RAP (Kepler) using JDK 7, so I added commons-io-2.4.jar from Apache and javax.persistence-2.1.0 from the Eclipse Git Repos to fix those errors.

The odysseus server compiles now (using the Server-Product) but the console shows lots of warning messages like

Code: Select all

!MESSAGE Could not bind a reference of component de.uniol.inf.is.odysseus.parser.pql.generator.PQLGenerator
Furthermore I tried to follow the wiki for building my own DataGenerator but the BeispielDataProvider overrides methods that are non-existant in the de.uniol.inf.is.odysseus.generator package that I took from the SVN/application folder. Also for instance the init() method now seems to expect an argument of the type IProviderRunner, while other methods shown in the wiki example like next() are completely missing in AbstractDataGenerator.

Thanks for your help in advance

Marco Grawunder

Re: Issues building an odysseus server

Post by Marco Grawunder » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:07 pm

You don't have to add any bundles manualy. Maybe you forgot to set the target platform?

http://wiki.odysseus.offis.uni-oldenbur ... h+Odysseus

See "4.Target Plaform"

Regarding the data generator: Maybe someone else can help?

Alizee

Post by Alizee » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:31 pm

The "Set Target Location" process always got stuck on my PC, therefore I skipped it after waiting for a long time and tried to import those packages manually. Changing the firewall settings and waiting a bit finally solved that issue.

Concerning the data generator: I've overwritten all abstract functions of it's super class (AbstractDataGenerator) with empty methods except for the next()-method for now, which seems to work. But after adding some dependencies and trying to run the generator, it throws a BundleException (although de.uniol.inf.is.odysseus.generator has been imported and added under dependencies):

Code: Select all

The bundle "de.uniol.inf.is.odysseus.generator.rng_1.0.0.qualifier [11]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: de.uniol.inf.is.odysseus.generator; version="0.0.0"
I really appreciate your help, thanks

ckuka

Post by ckuka » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi Alizee,

Looks like the de.uniol.inf.is.odysseus.generator is not available in the list of workspace_bundles. I would suggest to make a copy of an existing generator and modify it according to your needs. A good example is the "de.uniol.inf.is.odysseus.generator.concept" bundle which is located in application/generator/generator.concept .

Also you might be interested in the generic generator tool: http://odysseus.offis.uni-oldenburg.de: ... +Generator
With this generator you can generate values from a wide range of distributions, including multi dimensional distributions and random number generators. A list of all available generators is in the wiki.
kind regards / 祝好
Christian Kuka

Alizee

Post by Alizee » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Hi Christian,

thanks for your hint. I've finally managed to get the required plugins/packages in my generator-feature and generator-bundle right. Those pre-made genrerators would indeed work but I'm going to build a more complex generator soon, so I avoided using them.

That's it for now :)