Cannot connect to server

jwe

Cannot connect to server

Post by jwe » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:40 am

Hi folks,
I ve downloaded odysseus source code from the given url. Next, i set the target platform using the bundle configuration "set as target platform" from bundle common feature, no errors are shown.

I switch to bundle odysseus server bundle and clicked on synchronize and then Launch an Eclipse application. Console prints out some information and the last entry is Starting application 1201 without any errors.

Now I start client using bundle client starter with configuration Odysseus Studio 2 (Client). The gui appears with the default settings (url, username, password) and I click on connect. The client's console prints out cannot connect to localhost...wsdl. However using the browser with the same url, I'm able to connect to the server and get the full wsdl file.

Here are my environment settings:

Java: JDK 1.7_u79
SCM Client: tortoisesvn
IDE> Eclipse Kepler RAP RCP

Any hints?

greetings jwe

jwe

Re: Cannot connect to server

Post by jwe » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Thread can be closed. Found the issue.

ckuka

Post by ckuka » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi jwe,

Thanks for solving the issue ;)
Can you explain what happened? Just in case other users facing the same issue some day.

Kind regards,
Christian
kind regards / 祝好
Christian Kuka

jwe

Post by jwe » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:47 am

Hi ckuka,

yes, of course.

When you use tortoisesvn and make a full checkout of the source code, sometimes it may happen that tortoisesvn gets a timeout. You have to restart the update process again. This will happen 3 or 4 times.

I havent seen this error and tried to start the client and server with missing source files. Make sure tortoisesvn gets all files from scm and at the end of the checkout/update process, it prints the revision number.

greetings jwe